Calumet has over 25 years of experience producing high-refined, clean, and stable electrical insulating fluids. The CALTRAN™ line of naphthenic transformer oils is a portfolio of customized products, formulated to fully meet specific global specifications – thus providing customers flexibility in choosing the transformer oils that meet their specific requirements. Calumet is a long-standing participant in the Annual DOBLE Survey on transformer oil.
Our line of transformer oils are available in six grades and provide excellent dielectric properties, high thermal stability and good oxidation resistance.
- Rapid heat transfer properties
- Outstanding low temperature properties without the need for pour point depressants
- Miscible with all comparable hydrocarbon-based transformer oils
- Meets ASTM D3487 specifications for Type I and Type II application specifications
CALTRAN™ 60-00 Group U
Uninhibited transformer oil provides protection without the use of additives.
- Meets IEC 60296, ed. 4, 2012 general specifications for uninhibited oil
- Meets JIS C 2320 Electrical Insulating Oils (including Amendment 1, 2010)
- Verified by an accredited independent laboratory
- Meets IP 346 and Modified Ames criteria for biological safety
- Miscible with insulating oils meeting IEC 60296: 2012 specifications
CALTRAN™ C50 Insulating Oils
Calumet’s CALTRAN C50 insulating oils are developed using high-quality base stocks to deliver a product that provides excellent performance in electrical service. CALTRAN C50 insulating oils are designed and manufactured to provide cooling and insulating properties as well as promote resistance to oxidation and sludge formation.
CALTRAN C50 insulating oils are recommended for use in electrical applications subject to extremely cold conditions and forced oil cooling systems. Potential applications include load transformers, tap changers, switches, and circuit breakers required to operate at ambient temperatures below -25°C.
CALTRAN C50 insulating oils meet or exceed Canadian Standards Association C50-14 specifications for Class A and Class B, Type I and Type II insulating oils.
- Excellent Low-Temperature Fluidity
- Exceptional Insulating Properties
- Outstanding Corrosion Control
- Superior Oxidation Stability
Calumet can custom blend to meet specific customer requirements
For product inquiries, contact our Product Support team at +1.800.437.3188