CALSOL™ naphthenic process oils are produced exclusively by Calumet using a multi-stage hydrotreating process operating at pressures above 2500 psi. This process offers the unique ability to produce process oils that meet currently established performance standards for a variety of applications across the Rubber, Metalworking, and Adhesive industries. CALSOL™ naphthenic process oils are available in two series and exhibit common key characteristics.
- Meets FDA 21 CFR 178.3620(c) requirements
- All CALSOL products pass the IP346 Standard
- Does not require labeling as a carcinogen under OSHA Hazard Communications Standard
- Compatible with natural and synthetic elastomers and their additives
- Wide range of available chemistries allow custom formulation to meet specific needs
CALSOL™ 8 SERIES – HIGH VGC PROCESS OILSCALSOL™ 8 Series process oils have been optimized to align with current industry standards and offer optimum compatibility and performance in elastomeric rubber applications.
- High VGC level
- Very low aniline points
- Very low polar compounds level at high clay gel aromatics level
- Excellent color stability without sacrificing elastomer compatibility
CALSOL™ 5 SERIES – NONSTAINING PROCESS OILSCALSOL™ 5 Series oils are light-colored, nonstaining naphthenic oils that combine excellent initial color and and long term stability with intermediate levels of aromatic and naphthenic molecular structures. CALSOL™ 5 Series oils are an ideal choice whenever the balance of hardness and color stability is critical. Radial & styrene block elastomers & thermoplastics benefit from this technology.
- High level of color stability
- High resistance to aging and color degradation
- Low level of UV absorptivity
- Compatible with unsaturated synthetic polymers